Oct 4, 2011

Buttermilk Glazed Pumpkin Donuts

Buttermilk glazed pumpkin donuts


I don't know about you, but growing up, the biggest splurge as far as treats were concerned, were always donuts; probably because we knew it was pure sin (hello little fried, frosted, sugar cakey goodness!), and also because there was nowhere in town to get a good donut.  (I grew up in a small town - no stop lights, no McDonald's, no mall, no movie theater . . . and you thought you lived in a small town!)  So whenever we came across a good bakery in our travels, you probably would have thought I had never seen a donut in my life, since I would just stand there and stare (and drool) at all the deliciousness.  Well, not much has changed in twenty years - I still drool over donuts; especially when there is buttermilk glaze and pumpkin involved.  The second I saw this recipe on Pinterest, was the second I kissed any thoughts of being healthy this week goodbye!  They are surprisingly easy to make, (it helps to have an extra set of hands when frying) and taste like pumpkin pie donuts; in other words, pure heaven!

** Notes to the recipe - Make sure the surface that you put the dough on is WELL floured!  The dough is really sticky!  I put it in the fridge for about 30 min after the dough was made, just to set it a little and make sure to flour your hands and the rolling pin!  I put the cut out donuts on a floured cutting board and kept it right next to the frying pan so it was easy to transfer them into the pan.  You can use any circular objects to cut the donuts with - cups, lids, whatever (I used a big cup and a shot glass).  I used 2 forks for glazing - picked the hot donut up with one and dropped it in the glaze bowl, then used another to turn it around to cover it in glaze, then lifted it out of the bowl with that fork and transferred to the clean fork to put on the cooling rack so glaze wasn't dripping all over the place.  This recipe makes a ton of donuts, the amount you see here is only about half the dough!

Pumpkin puree

Making donuts

Donut dough 2

Donut dough

Donut cut-outs

Frying donuts

Glazed donut

Glazed pumpkin donut holes

Pumpkin donuts

29 comments:

  1. Those donuts looks so good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren "Ruby" RoseOctober 4, 2011 at 5:45 AM

    They look so yummy.
    Thank you I love your blog , too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple and delish recipe. I am definitely making these up this weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, this everything looks so extremely tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i'm so impressed you actually fried donuts at home!! no easy feat...and those donut holes look TO DIE FOR!!!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing! I cant wait to try these! my kids will love em'!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look SO good! Thanks for following on Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Do you deliver? Because I need all of those in my mouth right now! Donuts are a big indulgence for me too. Those truly look delicious.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Megan @ MackeyMadnessOctober 4, 2011 at 10:23 AM

    YUMMM! These look amazing! I am definitely craving donuts now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!! I know, just hearing the word 'donut' makes me crave them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol!! I wish I could deliver!!! :) But there aren't any left, LOL! Just kidding, there are, we're not that piggy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! And you're welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!! Can't wait to hear what you think of them - and the kids too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! I recruited some help so that definitely made it easier - it would be a bit chaotic and I probably would have burned the house down if I did it myself! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!!! I would love to hear what you think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tease. These look way too good to be true. Much better than my fat-free cookies sitting in front of me right now.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks!! Yay!! Can't wait to hear what you think!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG,,, Perfect for October.. Yummy.

    XOXO
    Miss Fanatic
    http://WWW.MISSFANATIC.COM

    ReplyDelete
  24. ok, i LOVE all things pumpkin, but never had a donut!! will definitely be bookmarking this one! thanks for sharing :)

    [oomph.]
    You're Invited: fall in love with mark.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH MY GOSH!!! I have been wanting to try and bake a pumpkin pie for the longest now and these would be perfect! Not for me, maybe i'll take a bite but my husband looooves pumkpkin pie and doughnuts. I might try these out soon! love your blog by the way. Your taste is fantastic. :)

    http://beautyismaximus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH MY GOSH!!! I have been wanting to try and bake a pumpkin pie for the longest now and these would be perfect! Not for me, maybe i'll take a bite but my husband looooves pumkpkin pie and doughnuts. I might try these out soon! love your blog by the way. Your taste is fantastic. :)

    http://beautyismaximus.blogspo...

    Edit
    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh perfect!!! He would LOVE these then!!!!! And thank you so much - I appreciate it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo