Oct 13, 2011

Friends With Details

Tee shirt, pencil skirt and clutch
{Necklace, Tee, Skirt, Bracelet - F21; Clutch - Thrifted; Shoes - Steve Madden via TJ Maxx}
** Get a similar look, each piece under $55: Tee, Skirt, Shoes, Clutch, Necklace

After working in the corporate world for five years and having this horrible thing called a 'dress code' forced upon me (which I did not follow, just for the record), black pencil skirts became my new best friends . . . and let's just say I have a lot of friends now.  But they are perfect for business attire, since they look professional and polished and are just a great no-brainer on those days when you don't know what to wear (or in my case, when I had trouble trying to figure out how to creatively get around the dress code).  My favorite "friends" have some fun little detail - like the white piping on this skirt - that takes it from just another black pencil skirt to more of a statement piece.  Since I am no longer bound by a dress code, I take more liberties with my pencil skirts and use them as a dressier option to jeans and pair them with simple tee shirts and crazy high heels.

Business attire outfit


Black pencil skirt with white tee


Black white and red outfit


Pencil skirt outfit


Pencil skirt with tee shirt

33 comments:

  1. Nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many go-to pencil skirts as well :) Always a classic choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. Love the shoes and the red clutch reall makes the outfit special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaaaaah! I absolutely love it! You have such great taste Sherry! And you have inspired me to wear my super duper high heels today too, yipppeeeeee! Xo

    www.socalsophisticate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love! this outfit! It would look killer with some bold red lipstick too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you added some color with the purse! very chic!

    xxx,

    http://fashionfractions.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, those heels! They are making me squeal with pleasure. SO high and SO cute!

    Love the whole look. Yowza!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this whole outfit! So classy and nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! :-)
    All my pretty "dress code" clothes are sitting in boxes collecting dust. Maybe I should get them out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute pocket detail. I only have one black pencil skirt in my closet. I call it my Magic skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol!! Yes, they are pretty magical - I love how they turn your body into the perfect hourglass, no matter what size you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!! Yeah, I bust them out every once in a while - the scar is finally healing so I can stand to look at them again ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Kim!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol! Thanks! Yeah, they are pretty stinkin' high - and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Neris!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Gina!! You're totally right - the red lips would be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay!!!! Thanks Abby!! Can't wait to see your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Sofia!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely :) Thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the skirt!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that detailing! This outfit is so simple and yet so stylish I love that.

    <3 Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love a really good pair of basic black pumps.
    http://www.alamodewearhouse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sarah Jessica Parker doesn't have anything on you ;-) I love the entire look from head to toe! The corporate world did great for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol, awwww!! Well thank you so much Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks! Me too - I can never seem to get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Jas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pretty into office looks nowadays, you look amazing! Happy sunday! XO Rebecca

    http://raspberry-rouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is SO my style! That clutch is perfection..what an amazing thrift find! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. So happy I discovered yours. I always love meeting other LA bloggers from the E. Coast (I'm from NJ!) www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Greetings from Denmark.
    Being in a business environtment myself, I must admit that I really enjoy female co-workers in those figure-hugging pencil skirts. They're just so timeless and classy in their feminine elegance. And a pair of heels just helps showing off the curves. And your heels in this post, by the way, are just soooo sexy. Thanks for sharing with us. - Karsten -
    Karste

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much Karsten!!!! I appreciate it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo