Oct 11, 2011

Getting Organized

Labels for pantry
{Labels from Michael's}



One of my to-do's this summer, was to get the whole house organized, cleaned out and de-cluttered; and I am finally making a little bit of progress . . . now that summer is over.  I have cleaned out most of the closets and drawers and re-organized, re-folded, re-arranged and labeled just about everything.  I like to keep things looking neat and tidy and have found that by containing clutter in boxes, baskets or canisters, it is not only easier to find things, but also looks neat on the outside, no matter what may be going on inside.  (It looks even neater if all the boxes/baskets/canisters are the same or very similar.)  Labels are another quick and easy way to at least appear to be organized; plus it makes it easy for everyone else in the house to help keep things organized, since they know right where everything is supposed to go.  (Wishful thinking, I know!)   Keep bills and important documents in order and easy to access, in a little desktop file holder, labeled and color coded for each member of the family (or for each category; car, home, credit cards).  Keep an inbox nearby to hold pending paperwork, then as soon as bills are paid or issues are resolved, file it away!  There is still plenty of more work to be done, but here are just a few of the little changes that have made a big difference:

Labeled pantry
{Labeled canisters in the pantry; any cooking instructions that are needed (rice, oatmeal) are cut out of the box and taped to the back of the canister.}






















Labeled bathroom cabinet
{Labeled plastic drawers under the bathroom sink to create more space and keep it looking neat and tidy!}




























Sweater boxes in closet
{Added boxes from Ikea all across the top of the closet to keep swimwear, out of season clothing, hubby's sweaters, and anything else that doesn't get used too often.}
Kitchen junk drawer
{Cleaned out and organized the kitchen junk drawer; plastic baskets contain the small stuff and make it easier to find what you need.}

























Make up drawer
{Cleaned up my make-up drawer and organized products into categories - face, eyes and lips.  The drawer is pretty small and skinny but these little baskets fit perfectly and keep it from looking like a cluttered mess.}





















Desk file folders
{Organized a huge stack of bills and labeled the files - blue for hubs, pink for me and green for both!  Inbox stays current and clutter free!

38 comments:

  1. U ARE GOOD ORGANIZE I THINK WIL DO THE SAME AT HOME LOL ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, want to come and do my house now?! Looks great!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are VERY organized! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Erin!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol!! Sure, I'll be right over! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great tools for organization :)
    http://fashberries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed! You're extremely organised. I love the design of the labels you've used. I have the same storage for dry kitchen goods, but I should label them so I don't go mistaking corn flour for wheat or white flour! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sherry,
    you're an obsessive neat freak like me :) yayy! lol

    xoxo
    amanda

    www.intuitiveflair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I am so long overdue to do this as well! Thanks for the motivation, everything looks so much prettier when it's organized! :)

    www.socalsophisticate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so damn organized girl, well done! Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks good! Funny detail: Your network buttons on your page are almost the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm impressed! I love being organized!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please come to my house immediately and do these things. Please? I kind of need you.

    But seriously, I have to deal with my accessories. I've been plotting my strategy for weeks now but I have yet to deal with it. I've put it on my To Do list, so now I HAVE to do it because I must feel the pleasure of crossing it off the list. Yes, I'm crazy. I know this.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very inspiring. I really want to do that with my makeup soon.

    <3 Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! I so wish I had a bigger drawer - it would make things so much easier! Can't wait to see what you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL!!! Awww, no problem, I'll be right over!!! :) Oh gosh, I do the same thing with my lists - I seriously am starting to think we might have been separated at birth!!! LOL!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol!!!! You're right - I did not even realize that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol, well thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I completely agree and that's what pushes me to get things in order - I know it will look so much better and then I'll feel better about it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. HAHAHAHA!!!! I know I am - I try to keep it to a minimum, but there are times I can't help myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Laura!!! Lol, that's exactly what made me do this - I kept mixing the cinnamon and cocoa!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. One Day in April by MelodyOctober 12, 2011 at 3:47 AM

    I actually organized my room and my closet yesterday and ahhhhh it feels good to see everything perfectly organized! Those IKEA boxes are the best! I have plenty of those in my closet as well! Good job! ;)

    Melody x
    http://onedayinapril.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. those labels are ❤!
    sometimes we get a little overwhelmed with organizing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow that is amazing! I have a stay-cation coming up and getting organized is on the top of my TO DO list. Seeing these great pics are def. inspiring- nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay!! That's awesome! It does feel so good, doesn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you!!! Oh yeah, definitely get overwhelmed sometimes, but it feels so good when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay for stay-cations!!! Awesome - hope you can get lots done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my - you are so great at organization! You're my inspiration.
    xx
    Shellena
    mintalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aw, thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo