Oct 12, 2011

Impromptu Beach Day

Foggy beach


So we ended up having an impromptu beach day yesterday since we had some friends out visiting; and it turned out to be exactly what we needed.  It was a great time to de-stress and relax and just hang out and get some good people watching in.  We went to our favorite spot - Venice beach - and it was pretty foggy, so we just walked around and checked out the sights.  Venice is always a good time and it did not disappoint - with the crazies out in full force, amazing dogs everywhere and gorgeous scenery, it was a fun little getaway and the perfect end to the summer . . . even though we are supposed to have scorching temperatures again this week!

Rocks on the beach

Venice beach street performers
{Street performers - they were actually pretty fun to watch!!}

Starfish on the sand
{Found a huge starfish - I don't think I have ever seen one outside of an aquarium!}

DSC05130
{No words needed - just the cutest little pudge-ball ever!!  Wish I had gotten pics of the Great Dane and the massive Mastiff!!}


Overcast beach

Writing in the sand

25 comments:

  1. sweet photo's
    you have a really nice blog
    !'m following now
    would love you to follow me..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beach days are the best! I wish I lived near one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. carolina velasquezOctober 12, 2011 at 7:26 AM

    WOW that starfish is stunning! i've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds amazing. The beach is always a great idea. I love a sweet love message the sand. so cute. love love love this. thanks for sharing. I've got a new ring obsessed post. Love to hear what you think. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO awesome Sherry! I love Venice Beach and the street performers are the best! :)

    www.socalsophisticate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the foggy picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Abby!! Yeah they are - these guys were hilarious too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sunny here at all, and so cold! Lucky you, it looks amazing!! XO Rebecca

    http://raspberry-rouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!! Thanks Anna!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know - it was pretty amazing to see it - I could not believe how huge it was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I wish we lived even closer, but I'll take what I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!! Thank you so much Chloe - I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw i love all of these pics!! it makes me want to jump through the screen and beach it out. The photos were edited so well and i really love the love note in the sand!! :)

    nussbaumfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pictures, the starfish is especially stunning. it looks and sounds like you had such a fun day <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Right???!!! I was just staring at him the whole time the street performers were going!! And the chick was holding him like a baby earlier and he was just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Shelby!!! We sure did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol, thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Rebecca! Aw, I'll try to send some sun your way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dog is so cute!!!

    www.summerlightrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love impromptu beach days. wish the weather was nicer here so I can do one.

    much love,

    xoxo
    amanda
    www.intuitiveflair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, I wish I could send some of this heat your way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know - he was so sweet too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The starfish is so sweet! Great blog you have.
    www.ninajosephine.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo