Oct 25, 2011

More Cheap Thrills

Great drugstore makeup finds

One of my summer to-do's was to experiment more with my make-up; I seem to get stuck in a rut with just the bare minimum basics and never really branch out with my products, especially once I find something I really like.  However,  I have been feeling like what I have been using is just not cutting it anymore and it is high time for a change.  I usually like to stick with drugstore brands when trying something new, since they are so much less expensive and will not leave such a dent in both your wallet and your heart if it turns out to be less than wonderful.  So here are some of my latest cheap thrills (everything is under $8!) that I am addicted to:

Rimmel lasting finish foundation
{Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation: Such a great everyday foundation; it covers really well and you really don't need concealer on top of it.  It stays on really well too - it doesn't even rub off on my sunglasses - and still looks great by the end of the day!  It is not at all cakey, looks natural and does not even feel like you are wearing make-up.  I have not found it to clog my pores at all and love that it is hydrating, especially for the colder months!}


L'Oreal voluminous mascara
{L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara:  I have a hard time with mascaras; mostly because I have the most stubborn eyelashes on the planet.  They will not stay curled and they like to stick together, no matter what.  I liked what I read on the package of this mascara and thought I would give it a go.  So far, so good!  It is a drier formula, which is what I like to help hold the curl, and it definitely makes my lashes look longer and separates them better than other mascaras.  I have not had clump issues yet, even though it looks like there are clumps on the brush, it goes on really smooth.


Wet n' Wild eyeshadow trio
{Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio:  I have been wanting to experiment with different eyeshadow colors and smoky eyes and cat eyes and all kinds of fun stuff with my eye makeup, but am still trying to get the hang of how-to and what colors work for me.  These little eyeshadow palettes (pretty much every brand carries them, I just liked these colors) with instructions are perfect for a novice like myself.  The color is great - it is fairly subtle and not too intense, which is good for me because I make a lot of mistakes, so it is not as obvious!


Rimmel lipstick
{Rimmel Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick in Bordeaux:  So, remember when I said I was taking style clues from Rachel Zoe these days?  Well, my first step was to pick up a deep burgundy lipstick, like this one from Rimmel.  The color is perfect and it keeps my lips moisturized.  It does not stay all day, and you need to reapply after a few hours, but it does keep your lips stained a little, even after removing it with makeup wipes.


Rimmel nail polish
{Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Nail polish:  This is hands down my favorite brand of nail polish.  I love the texture and finish; it is not thick and clumpy or thin and runny, and is perfectly glossy.  But the main reason why I love this, is the brush - the tip is rounded so it makes it so easy to get right up to your cuticle and in the corners without making a huge mess or having to angle the brush in weird ways.  Genius, I tell you!  I am loving either really dark or really light colors right now.

27 comments:

  1. If you want your eyelashes stay curled, use a waterproof mascara instead.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the rimmel nail polish is amazing! it is my favorite too. for the price you really can't go wrong and the wide brush makes it so easy to apply. i have to add some more shades to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CaptivatedbythebeautyofgraceOctober 25, 2011 at 6:18 AM

    Great picks!! I have been wanting to try that mascara. I am starting to think that they are all the same...I mean how different can they all really be?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are adorable!! love the make up strewn with the baubles!!!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the way you've photographed these, it is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing your makeup tips! it's great to see other girls use affordable drugstore brands that still create an elegant polished look

    xoxo
    amanda

    www.intuitiveflair.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I love that rimmel foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing...I love that you use affordable products because I HATE spending money on makeup, and I never know what to buy! I'll have to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too - unless it's something I've tried before and can't live without! Otherwise, if I changed my make-up as much as I changed my mind I would be broke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks!! Definitely my favorite right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I've found I usually end up liking the drugstore brands better anyway; I've wasted way too much on the expensive things and learned my lesson!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Amelia!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally agree with you - I'm usually pretty hesitant to try a new mascara because they are all so similar and none of them are the holy grails of mascara for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so right!! I think I pick a new color up every time I go to the store - just can't get enough of them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love wet n wild eyeshadow palettes. They have some of the best colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I too get easily bored with my make up! I love trying new products. I love seeing what other ladies are using and I love finding a new product especially when it's cheap! thanks for sharing! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome post. I will be buying these things ASAP. I love Rimmel. Such great product. The mascara I love is Loreal Lash Out. It's always worked perfectly. Way better than the expensive brands. I'm going to try your recommendation and see if I like it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Waterproof makes you loose your eyelashes faster

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah - Rimmel has been a fav for quite a few yrs now!! Hmm, I just might need to check that mascara out - thanks for the recommendation!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me too!!! I don't know what it is about seeing what other people use that just seems so exciting!! Lol! Best part about being a girl - getting excited about make-up and clothes, even if they're not yours!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. For sure!! I've been so impressed with them lately!! I'm dying to pick up a few more colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Voluminous was my absolute favorite mascara too before I switched over to Benefit "They're Real!" a little pricier but WELL worth it, I did a review on my blog too if you want to see pics! Gonna have to try that foundation, I love the other Rimmel products so I'm sure I will love that as well. And I was stoked to see Coco Mademoiselle on your dressing table, that's my signature fragrance too!!! :D

    www.socalsophisticate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been seeing a lot about They're Real and have been dying to try it!! I like the looks of the brush, so it just might be a winner for me!! Yay!!! That is my absolute favorite perfume too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's ALL about the brush- best one I've ever had, you will love it, I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! I love the watch and the glasses! Could you tell me what brand they are? :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! The glasses are F21 and the watch was Target from a couple years ago :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo