Oct 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge Krispies

Peanut butter fudge krispies


If you have been following me for any amount of time, then you know I don't do complicated, over-involved recipes; the more simple it is, the more I like it - brownie points if it uses less than five ingredients.  So when I was trying to figure out what treat to make yesterday, my mom's Fudge Krispy recipe stood out since it is so easy to make.  But I wanted to spice it up a bit, so I decided to experiment by adding some peanut butter; and holy deliciousness - it was amazing, if I do say so myself!  It was so rich and fudgy and peanut-buttery, and they just melted in our mouths.  And the best part about these bad boys - they only take about five minutes to make!
The other best part - my mom called right as I started to make them and thank goodness she did because I had written the recipe wrong and instead of 'mix', I wrote 'milk.'  I had made these a while ago and had no idea how much milk to add so I just splashed some in and it turned out really soggy; so I asked her (smugly, thinking she was the one that made the mistake by not writing the amount down in the first place) how much it was supposed to be and then realized my (obvious) mistake as she read the recipe to me . . . just another blonde moment to add to the books!

Fudge Krispies
Ingredients:
- 12oz chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups Rice Krispies (or other rice cereal)

- Combine chocolate, margarine and corn syrup in a pan and stir over low heat until smooth, remove from heat.  Stir in vanilla and sugar, then add the cereal and mix.  Spread in greased 9x13 pan and chill till firm.  Store in fridge.

** For Peanut Butter Fudge Krispies, add 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter and 1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter chips (or just 1 cup of PB and no PB chips), then for some extra sinfulness, right before you pour the mix into the 9x13 pan, add a handful each of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.  And for extra, extra sinfulness, sprinkle more chips on top!!

Reese's peanut butter chips

Melting chocolate and peanut butter

Fudge krispy treats

Fudge krispies

42 comments:

  1. Good morning America and thank you for your comment in my blog! That looks amazing ... !!!. I lived in San Diego for 5 years and I loved it!!! I´ll have to try that... mmm

    Greetings from Qatar!

    http://ladiesandthecityfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yammy I am definitely gonna try this!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmy! =)

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This looks amazing! :) I love recipes with very few ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...these look amazing!! I am definitely going to have to make them. Anything with chocolate in it and I'm a happy camper!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    - Elle @ Barefoot And Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely want to try one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Your blog looks YUMMY and fashionable. I am your newest follower. Keep in touch!

    xoxo, kat

    www.kitschbykat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only sound simple to make but they look YUMMY! I will do a small amount with the PB and others Without it and let you know .... I am thinking I may try honey on the others ..... ohhh you made me hungry with these.
    thanks for sharing, specially at this time of the year when 'guests' start to 'happen' and sometimes I just ran out of ideas.

    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://styleidcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look fantastic!! and I am all about simplw as well!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! They look so yummy. Thanks for sharing :) I have the biggest sweet tooth lol.

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! They look delicious :D

    You have a great blog and I really love your photos - they look so amazingly detailed. Thanks for following my blog, I am following yours as well now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I have to try these. Rice Crispy Treats are my favorite things EVER and adding chocolate and peanut butter... oh no... I'm in trouble! Great post!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your sweet comment! Xo
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, I know - it is definitely asking for trouble!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, thank you so much Rinny - I really appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol, me too!! Hence why I ALWAYS have to have treats on hand!! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!! They are probably the easiest recipe I've made - ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much!!! Yes, definitely let me know what you think!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Kat! You're more than welcome and thanks so much for following!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww!!! You'll have to let me know if you (and your daughter!) try them!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much!!! Same here - can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me too!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay! I'm so glad! Let me know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol!! You're welcome! And thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Sherry! Thanks for stopping by my blog & your sweet comment, I was really touched! I'm a huge fan of Krispie cakes & I'm with you on uncomplicated recipes too (check out my recipes page) so these are definitely gonna be made!! Now your 423rd follower - happy weekend xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Samantha ChallengerOctober 29, 2011 at 3:29 AM

    this looks amazing <3

    great blog :)

    www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for following my blog. I do hope we become good blogger friends.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  27. They look absolutely delicious <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. you don't even need to ask what I'll be doing tomorrow. . . . reeses peanut butter cups are like my favourite thing. ever. !

    ReplyDelete
  29. ok, this looks super yummy and easy, im gonna try it!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay!! Let me know what you think!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lol!!! Me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You're welcome!! And I hope so too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you so much Samantha!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey Adele! You're welcome and thank you! I will definitely be checking out your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh this sounds delicious! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you so much Dawn!!! :) And I hope you are too!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I made these lastnight and OH MAN!! They were delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!! My jeans were a little snug after this weekend's festivities but I like to think of it as "preparing for hibernation season" like the bears do =)

    ReplyDelete
  40. YAY!!! I'm so glad!! You're welcome! And I do the same thing with hibernating - gotta pack on the pounds to stay warm right????? ;-P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo