Oct 20, 2011

Trend To Try: Snakeskin

Trend To Try: Snakeskin


I have always been a huge fan of animal print things (leopard, cheetah, zebra, alligator) in any form (sheets, shoes, pens, potholders), you name it, I love it.  So naturally, with snakeskin being such a huge trend this season, it is definitely on my radar.  Snakeskin is this season's leopard print - so it will be an easy transition and a fun change of print if you used to wearing leopard.  I love seeing just a little peep of snakeskin, with a belt, a cuff or a shoe, but I also love seeing it worn as a bold statement piece, as with a sheath dress or loose tunic.  Snakeskin is a fairly subtle print, especially when done in neutral colors, so for those who are timid to try it, you will not feel as though you are wearing something in-your-face, obnoxious; it just adds a little spicy kick to your outfit.  However, if you are feeling bold and want to rock some leggings or a pencil skirt, make sure the rest of your outfit stays simple and classy so as not to look like you were actually swallowed by a snake.  Try either a black or white longer, breezy blouse or a gray chunky sweater with the leggings and try a button-up blouse or soft sweater in gray, black or taupe, and simple ballet flats or heels would be perfect for both outfits.  What about you - are you loving the snakeskin trend?

Here are some of my favorite snakeskin pieces:
- Juicy Couture B-Snakeskin Leather Cuff, $46.40
- Topshop Red Skinny Faux Snakeskin Belt, $28
- Topshop Snakeskin Effect Stretch Bracelet, $30
- Kenneth Jay Lane Printed Snakeskin Enamel Ring, $75
- Zara Large Snakeskin Clutch Bag, $159
- Topshop Snakeskin Print Leggings, $40
- Zara Metallic Snakeskin Shopper, $169
- Malene Birger Printed Snakeskin Skirt, $185
- Apt 9 Snakeskin Roll-Tab Henley, $40
- Apt 9 Snakeskin Knot-Front Shift Dress, $54
- Zara Snakeskin Ballerina Flat, $49.99
- Topshop Garnet Faux Snakeskin Court Shoes, $100
- Charlotte Russe Snakeskin Teardrop Platform Heel, $32.50
- Zara Snakeskin Platform Court Shoe, $129

18 comments:

  1. TheLeatherSkirtBlogOctober 20, 2011 at 5:00 AM

    Despite my love of all things leather I am not sure that the snakeskin trend is for me. Tough not to overdo.

    http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a snakeskin skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am fanatic for all animal prints too. Awesome selections!

    xo
    issatchieu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not ready for snake print, not yet I guess so.
    But I'm still loving leopard print, that is my favourite for ever :)

    See you and have a pretty day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, leopard is definitely always a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for swinging by my little piece of the blog world!

    I'm super into giraffe print right now. I'm seriously dying for a big giraffe print purse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good one - how did I forget about that one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't decide which ones I love the most. They are all fantastic. You have a wonderful eye for really glamorous and fab things. I also loved how you wrote tips on how to wear all this stuff. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love that ring, its so pretty. xx


    www.summerlightrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all these looks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wrinkle In Time VintageOctober 23, 2011 at 12:39 AM

    I've always been a little hesitant to try the snakeskin trend, so thanks! This has given me some great ideas :)

    -Laura xx
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been craving all things snakeskin lately. This is one trend that I totally see myself getting into.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice snake skin items!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I'm so glad!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yeah, I love me some snakeskin pumps for sure! :) BTW, thanks for by my blog. And you could definitely use Sunday as a day to detox. It's so invigorating and refreshing, and it's like starting the week with a clean slate.

    Can't wait to get more acquainted with you and your lovely blog!
    J.Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo