Oct 19, 2011

Way To Go Sherlock

Cream and black houndstooth shorts outfit
{Sunglasses, Top, Clutch, Booties - F21; Shorts - 1st Kiss, via Marshall's}
** Get a similar look, each piece under $39: Top, Shorts, Booties ($115), Clutch

My original idea for these shorts was to wear them with tights and a blazer for a fun, layered, fall outfit; but with the heat still raging on, tights are out of the question, so I had to rethink my plan of attack.  Houndstooth print always makes me think of Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes always makes me think of very classic, prim and proper style - think waistcoats and pocket watches - so I decided to take the classy road and dress them up with some ruffles and gold details.  And just to be sure I would not be mistaken for Sherlock's twin, I swapped out the pipe and deerstalker hat for some spiffy shades and kickin' ankle boots.

Black and cream houndstooth shorts

Black and cream outfit

Houndstooth shorts outfit


Cream ruffled top with houndstooth shorts

37 comments:

  1. marina miouprincessOctober 19, 2011 at 3:43 AM

    love the shirt with ruffles and your green clutch!
    www.miouprincesslovespink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love each of these pieces! great top, shorts, clutch and booties!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute blouse. I love the sheerness & the ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that blouse so feminine and classy! Im jealous that you are still able to wear shorts, here in the Midwest it's all about wearing as many layers as possible already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. in love with your shoes :)

    www.thecihc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet look but love how you toughened it up with the ankle booties! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute booties! Love 'em.

    www.louwhatwear.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm lovin' your booties and I like your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!

    http://peridotkutie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome clutch, great green!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, thank you so much Junah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Danielle!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Tracy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much Audrey!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much Jas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Marina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Jessica!! Well, I sure wish I could send some of this heat your way!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your outfit and your boots are too cute! I am loving little booties these days and I can't wait to find a great pair. Your clutch is super cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. GORGEOUS look! i love how you added some color with a clutch!

    xxx,

    http://fashionfractions.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look beautiful. Perfect look so classy and Chic.
    I love the way you styled it with the purse, totally cute <3.
    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://styleidcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. such a beautiful emerald colored clutch! love it

    ReplyDelete
  26. I adore this outfit!! Very very cute!!

    Www.glasshalfemptyorfulldepends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aw, thank you Jenn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Neris!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww, thanks Love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you Jessie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo