Nov 17, 2011

Creamy Carrot Curry Soup

Carrot curry soup

I so wish I could send smells and tastes through the internet so you could get a load of this soup.  This is hands down my favorite soup ever and was the perfect thing for a sore throat and a chilly evening.  I am a sucker for anything with curry and I usually prefer creamy soups, so this was a match made in heaven!  I found this recipe a while back and wanted to make it into more of a meal so I added chicken and rice and loved it so much, I have been craving it ever since!  As with every other recipe, it is extremely easy, and uses minimal ingredients, but we spiced it up a bit with some chili powder and added extra chopped carrots since you can never have too many vegetables! 

**Notes to recipe:  I followed the recipe as written, but added 1 teaspoon of chili powder in step 4, and added 1 1/2 cups of rice once the pureed soup came back up to temperature and let it sit until the rice was cooked (about 10 min).  Then added 2-3 chicken breasts that had been boiled and shredded, and about 1 cup of chopped carrots.  I used about 2 cups total of half and half since I added so many extras and needed to thin it out a bit, and you can always add more if you like your soup even thinner.  I did not add the pistachios.


Carrots and onion

Chopped carrots and onion

Carrot curry soup 2

Shredded chicken for soup

Carrot curry soup with chicken

Carrot curry soup with biscuits

28 comments:

  1. wow!! it looks so yummy!!!! ;))))
    kisses
    G.
    www.thecihc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! :)

    Thank you for your lovely comment!♥
    Kisses,
    ♥ New Post at Dressy Celeb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This actually sounds and looks delicious and I don't even like carrots all that much. Maybe I'll just have to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious, great comfort food for those cold fall nights. Looks like i'll have to try it this weekend. Thanks for sharing!


    xx

    Ashley

    http://goldendivine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Penny Pinching PreppyNovember 17, 2011 at 6:23 AM

    thanks for stopping by my blog & for your sweet comment! i'm definitely a new follower of yours... this looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that looks totally delish!
    I made butter chicken for the first time the other night with amazing success..this just might be my next meal!
    Thanks so the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yumm that looks delicious and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks soooooo good! and also healthy :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing, and the colour is awesome! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks!! It is so good and pretty healthy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's awesome!!! Yeah, let me know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Let me know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol, well definitely let me know if you do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks deslish!! I'll have to try it this Fall/Winter
    Thanks fo visiting my blog and your lovely comment :)

    http://thetinycloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't like carrots or curry, but man does that look yummy and tasty!! Might have to change my mind and give this a try!! I love new recipes;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyy gosssshhhhhhhh, this looks soooooooo gooooooood!!! I already ate dinner but I'm suddenly hungry again. I HAVE to try this recipe! I hate cooking but I really, really, really want to make this, thanks doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks absolutely delicious! I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much Meera!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol!!!! Thank you! Let me know what you think of it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL!!! Hmm, well I have to hear what you think if you do try it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Love!! And you're welcome!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo