Nov 2, 2011

Plaid In Boots

Red plaid shirt with black jeans
{Shirt, Necklace, Bag, Bracelets - F21; Jeans - Old Navy; Boots - Aldo}
** Get the look, each piece under $30: Shirt, Jeans, Boots ($90), Necklace

As promised: the outfit from our pumpkin patch outing last Friday; because I know you were just dying to know what I wore and probably didn't even sleep last night thinking about it.  (Just humor me and let me believe what I want to believe.)  I felt like the pumpkin patch called for plaid and boots; since it has something to do with a farm and fall - it just seemed appropriate . . . until we got there and realized it had warmed up considerably since 10am and I immediately regretted wearing black jeans.  It felt like my legs were going to melt off and I was so delirious and desperate for shade, there was no way I could take responsibility for my actions, and I may or may not have chucked a few pumpkins at some kids standing under my tree.  Then I may or may not have hid behind the creepy scarecrows and jumped out when small children walked by, scaring the pants off of them and their parents.  And I'm pretty sure I tossed a few kids out of the way in my stampede to the perfect pumpkin.  I'm gonna make such a great mother someday . . .

Red plaid shirt with skinny jeans


Pumpkin patch outfit

Black skinny jeans with red plaid shirt


Plaid shirt for fall

Fall outfit with plaid shirt

36 comments:

  1. Fab shirt xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking gorgeous! love your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing when I went to the pumpkin patch this year and it turned out to be in the high 90s! Oh the things we do for our clothes.... :) My "what I wore" today has plaid too! Love this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your boots! great photos with the pumpkins! :)
    www.miouprincesslovespink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so comfy and chic!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love it. Perfect for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh love the plaid and your bootssss! looks like such a nice day to be taking pictures too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Causal but chic. Loving the boots and top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks SO good on you!!! Love the bright plaid with black jeans/boots! And I personally love exerting my power over little kids- I tell them adults rule the world so they can do whatever they want and we're way bigger too so really they can't ever win- it's a fun little game I like to play, lol ;)

    www.socalsophisticate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pumpkin patch approrpriate! you look darling! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute look!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, honey. This look is going on my inspiration board and I WILL be stealing it. I think that every day when I see your outfits. Single White Female!!! (play scary music)

    You are the cutest pumpkin in the whole patch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!!! I love it!!! And thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Audrey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! LOL!! I love your game!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, thank you!!! Don't look too closely, it's melting off! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Andi!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol, I know!! Sweet! We're plaid twins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Adele!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great look for pumpkin patch :) Love the shirt :)

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  26. Liking the look and the necklace :)

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Neris!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice plaid shirt!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. A great mother indeed :P Your story made me laugh! I loved it and I must say your photos told a great story. I read another persons pumpkin story where they had a similar situation (rocked up in 'its cold gear' and it got hot!) so you're not alone in this. Love that outfit though - such a stunner!

    Anna xo

    http://www.lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lol, thank you so much Anna!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo