Nov 15, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Roasted red pepper hummus

I remember trying hummus for the first time years ago, and it was so awful I almost spit it right back out and have stayed far away from it since; until this year.  I attempted choking it down tasting it again and was pleasantly surprised - I think the fun flavors made all the difference.  We have been wanting to try to make our own hummus since we consume it by the gallons, and I actually remembered to pick up the ingredients the other day, so we whipped up a batch and polished it off just as quickly.  I realized as I was reading through different hummus recipes, that you can really add whatever your little heart desires as far as spices and flavors; I saw some crazy combinations but just wanted to start with something simple to test it out.  It turned out delicious and as always, it is incredibly easy.  We are excited to try all kinds of different flavors now, and will probably be living off of this, and only this, for a while.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Ingredients:
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained, reserve liquid
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste

- Put all ingredients in food processor and blend, adding liquid from beans until desired consistency is reached.  You can also add olive oil or lemon juice as a substitute for the liquid.

27 comments:

  1. You should try the hummus in the Middle East! Is delicious, you can´t get enough !!!
    I didn´t like hummus in Spain either ...

    http://ladiesandthecityfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! it's lunch time here and I'm totally craving this :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely going to have to try this out soon. hummus is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. y'all like it spicy!!! p.s. i love this picture--what kind of setting did you use to get the dark background and the light foreground??

    CupcakesOMG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazinggg I would love to try making my own hummus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From these photos it seems so delicious!, I like them! Nice post!

    Enter the Shopkempt giveaway on my blog!
    Please Follow me on Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks incredible!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh yum! I need to make this, it sounds delicious.

    Beth
    Stylish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would absolutely love to try it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, it's just past breakfast and I'm already craving it too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! I would love to hear what you think if you do try it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah we do! The hubs just made some salsa yesterday and my mouth is still on fire from it! Lol! Thanks - I had it on our black table and had the light from the window to the right side of me so it just cast the light like that, and it was a little later in the afternoon, so it wasn't so bright in there - I usually just use the macro setting on our camera for these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks!! You should definitely try it - it's amazing and just ridiculously easy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by - this looks yum and very easy and love anything spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks delish. I'm going to whip some up when I get home. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love roasted red bell pepper hummus! I usually always get it from Trader Joe's but will definitely give your receipt a try (:

    www.victorycarmichael.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. TJ's definitely has some good ones too!! Let me know what you think if you do try it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!!! You're welcome - let me know how you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay!! Me too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks!!! I would love to hear what you think if you do try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. im so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, i too have been sick the past week. hope you feel better soon!

    i love this outfit, you don't look sick at all love the sequence hat! thanks for stopping by my blog, now following!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just bought some spicy hummus from the market, but this looks soooo yummy. Maye I will be brave enough to make it one of these days.

    http://loserlike-me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay!! You will love it!!! And it's super easy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, thanks so much Love, I hope you're feeling better too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I appreciate every single comment! Make sure to leave your website so I can comment back! xo